Welcome back to the new school term!
We are back open to all children aged 2-5 years. Everyone in the day to day running of the pre-school has received appropriate instruction and training on how to operate under the terms of the government safety guidelines. Our staff and the children’s safety is paramount. We aim to work in partnership with parents and trust that everyone will understand and follow these safety procedures.
- All parents to wait in the large playground, social distancing (2 metres apart)
- Children enter the cloakroom through the side doors, across the grassy area
- Parents will not enter the building and leave by following the one-way pathway
- Parents are not to loiter outside the Pre-school
- No toys from home at the Pre-school
- Lunches to be brought in a named disposable bags that can be thrown away at the end of lunch-time or a hard, plastic lunch box that can be cleaned.
- Children will be expected to bring their named drinks bottles
- Children will be kept in small groups (bubbles) with their Key person whenever possible
- All surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis
- Toilet area cleaned after each use
- Outside area will be used as much as possible
- Windows will be kept open to keep classrooms well ventilated
- Equipment wiped down after each group moves from one area to another
- Lunches are kept to the same groups and lunch time staff
- Any children appearing to be unwell will be isolated and parents called to be picked up immediately
- Parents to keep children at home if they appear to be unwell.
- Any child appearing to look unwell upon arrival will not be allowed into the premises
- Late arrivals and early departures signed by staff member with verbal permission from parent
May we take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience and continued support. The children’s safety is our first priority and we will continue to assess, adapt and update our policies regularly.
We are now accepting placements for September 2021 and compiling our registers for the new academic year, so please get in touch if you would like a place or more information. We accept 15hr and 30hr founding and are happy to answer any questions.
Learn through play, day by day
Choosing your child’s pre-school can be one of the most important decisions you will ever make, because you are choosing a partner in the growth and development of your child and family. Here at Jacdor we offer an environment that is safe, welcoming and conductive to optimal growth and development of your child as an individual, as part of a family and ultimately as a member of a multicultural society. Effective communication between parents and staff helps build mutual understanding and guidance, which provides greater consistency for your children.
Children at play are children learning. They learn all they can about the world in which they live, and the way it operates. It is through play that children develop curiosity and imagination, learn to concentrate and make confident decisions. This is done through everyday play, and the experiences that can provide these opportunities – through the use of appropriate equipment, materials, a safe and stimulating environment and a dedicated staff who support and nurture the children within the setting.
Children need the time and opportunities to learn and develop new skills. These skills are the foundation for the reading and writing skills that are needed when they move into primary schools. They are encouraged to explore not only materials but also their relationships with peers and adults.
Children are made to feel important and valued when others listen to them, seek out their ideas and allow them to express themselves.
Jacdor is a committee managed community pre-school. We provide a safe and welcoming environment for children aged between 2½ – 5 years in which to play and learn.
The setting is open during normal school terms.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am– 11:30pm
Monday to Friday 12:30am – 3:00pm
All day 9:00am – 3:00pm